Warning: substr() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /homepages/9/d499408896/htdocs/wp-includes/functions.php on line 1709

"Solving the Social Security Puzzle" Seminar

image7 small

Finnish-American Chamber of Commerce (FACC) was co-organizing a Social Security event together with our member, Security First Financial on the 28th of April, 2015. The aim of the event was to shed light on the strategies to optimize your social security income. The expert and the speaker of the event was FACC’s Board Member Esa Jokela, the founder and president of Security First Financial, Inc., a full service Financial Planning firm. Jokela’s main objective is helping his clients to grow and protect their retirement assets and, thus, he was an excellent choice to give a presentation on the topic. Thank you very much Esa for making this event possible!

Social security was clearly a topic that attracted many interested participants who wanted to know more about their rights to social security benefits. It became evident during the presentation that that the rules on how and when to claim social security benefits are complicated and voluminous. The presentation covered all the important rules and strategies that everyone should be aware of when planning to claim social security benefits. For example, there is a huge difference in the amount of benefits between whether you decide to claim them early or late. Also, in some cases it may make more sense to claim spousal benefits instead of your own. There are many options and they are often very dependent on each individual situation.

After the presentation some snacks were served (thank you Finland House for hosting us!) and there was time for discussion and questions. There were quite a few questions raising from the audience. For example: Are the benefits taxable? Am I entitled to my spouse’s benefits if I’m not yet claiming my own? If you have similar questions or concerns, Security First Financial is more than happy to schedule an appointment with you!

Again, we brought our member Happy-Or-Not’s customer satisfaction measuring device with us to the event. Based on the results, 64% of the participant rated the event a great success and found it very much worth attending whereas the remaining 36% thought the event was useful and worth attending. This encourages us to plan similar seminars in the future. Thank you all for your feedback!

 

You can see pictures from the event here.

0 Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*