Are you interested to do a half year Internship at Finnish-American Chamber of Commerce and in Honorary Consulate of Finland in Lake Worth, Florida?
The position is a shared internship: 50% Finnish American Chamber of Commerce (FACC) and 50% Honorary Consulate of Finland.
Duties at FACC
The intern will participate in event planning and execution. She /he will be responsible of the budget of each event, take part in development of FACC’s activities and acting as a membership secretary in board meeting. She/he will also receive training in marketing and newsletter editing using social media and other marketing tools such as Constant Contact, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
The intern will have an opportunity to improve written and spoken English skills as well as presentation and marketing skills.
Duties at the Honorary Consulate
Assisting clients over the phone about the services the consulate offers and directing them to the right source, familiarizing to the work of consulate, negotiations with different officers and government representatives, writing letters, and documentation.
Assisting with reservation and scheduling when the consulate has the passport machine and other tasks as needed.
Both organizations are non-profits and have no salaried personnel, thus we are unable to pay salary for the intern. The intern needs to find his or her own funding for the full term, which is 6 months.
We can assist with finding a reasonably prices apartment within walking distance to the office. We estimate that cost to be around $650/month. There is no need for a car. We expect the intern to be available to work Mon to Fri between 9am -5pm
For more information please contact us.
Requirements for Internship or Trainee Positions
- You must be a Finnish citizen
- You must be at least 21 years old
- You must be fluent in spoken and written English
- You are currently enrolled in and pursuing studies at a foreign degree- or certificate-granting post-secondary academic institution outside the United States; or Who have graduated from such an institution no more than 12 months prior to their exchange visitor program start date.
- You must have health and accident insurance valid for the trainee period
- You must follow the training plan developed by the FACC and Honorary consulate of Finland